Here we are: at least the Google’s Office-competitor suite is complete: Google CEO today confirmed that Google will soon launch a PowerPoint clone, completing their basic office suite (they already have Word and Excel covered).
At this point, the Firefox Operating System is complete for me.
We now have up and running:
- Word processor
- Presentation tool
- Feed Reader
- Map viewer
- Search tool
Are you still using windows ??
read more | digg story
Nokia quietly release a iSync plug-in for new released handsets.
The plug-in can be found on Nokia site.
This make my N95 Plug-in obsolete…
If you wont your computer to act a web server, you must register a domain and do some little configuration. I have a dynamic ip, changed every time I connect to the net.
These are the steps needed to make it works:
1. Create a dynamic DNS service
- Create an account on a dynamic DNS site like http://www.no-ip.com
- Choose the name of your server, for example mauro.no-ip.info
- Download the Client, it’s available for OsX, Windows and Linux.
- Install it and configure with your account.
- Launch it.
2. Configure the Web domain
- Register a internet domain, if you don’t have it.
- Create an entry in the domain DNS management:
http://www.yourdomain.ext CNAME dynamic.ip.address.
for example: http://www.mauro.com CNAME mauro.no-ip.info
- Set the TTL field to 300 to minimize DNS propagation time
Starting from now, if the DNS client is on, your computer will be reachable.