A leaked video of the new Microsoft iPhone Killer: The ZunePhone
Sometimes there’s no one on the beach to help you launching your kite.
I found a video on kiteforum.tv that explain a way to self launch a kite.
But this method is suggested for bow kite, if may be dangerous for C-Kite.
I will try it as soon I will go on the beach!
For those lucky the own a iPhone, there’s a very good news:
A complete guide for hacking your brand new gadget!!!
More details and a step-by-step guide here.
Another interesting Vista discovery: it looks that playing music will slow network activity of 10%.
Read the full story at Slasdot.
Today Adobe release the H264 support for its Flash Player.
This codec is the one used for High Definition support and is also used by AppleTV, opening it a new world of possibility.
The new BETA release of Adobe Player, versione 9, can be downloaded from Adobe Labs.
A step by step guide about a way to installing Os X drivers without rebooting:
1. Download the driver you want to install, for example <ExtensioneName>
2. Extract the contents onto the desktop
3. Open the Terminal application in the Applications/Utilities folder
4. Type “tail -f /var/log/system.log” to obtain debugging output for the first run.
5. Use the menu bar to open up a new Terminal window.
6. In this new window, type “cd ~/Desktop/<YourSoftwareName>/build/Release”
7. sudo chown -R root:wheel <ExtensioneName>.kext
8. sudo chmod -R 755 <ExtensioneName>.kext
9. sudo kextload -v <ExtensioneName>.kext
10. Observe in the log window what happens.
11. Test out the driver by using it…
12. If there were any problems in steps 10 or 11, type “sudo kextunload <ExtensioneName>.kext”
13. To install the driver, type “sudo cp -R <ExtensioneName>.kext /System/Library/Extensions”
14. Lastly, update the extensions cache with “sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions”
The old way needs to delete “Extensions.kextcache” and “Extensions.mkext”, located in “/System/Library/” and then enter the following commands:
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions
Atfer these commands you have to repair disk file permissions with Disk Utilities and reboot.
Much better the new way!!
Skype posted on its own blog an explanation for the service down: Windows Update.
They stated that reboot caused by WindowsUpdate caused a flood of login requests, which, combined with the low resources of peer-to-peer network, started a chain reaction to the Skype Servers.