If you wont your computer to act a web server, you must register a domain and do some little configuration. I have a dynamic ip, changed every time I connect to the net.
These are the steps needed to make it works:
1. Create a dynamic DNS service
- Create an account on a dynamic DNS site like http://www.no-ip.com
- Choose the name of your server, for example mauro.no-ip.info
- Download the Client, it’s available for OsX, Windows and Linux.
- Install it and configure with your account.
- Launch it.
2. Configure the Web domain
- Register a internet domain, if you don’t have it.
- Create an entry in the domain DNS management:
http://www.yourdomain.ext CNAME dynamic.ip.address.
for example: http://www.mauro.com CNAME mauro.no-ip.info
- Set the TTL field to 300 to minimize DNS propagation time
Starting from now, if the DNS client is on, your computer will be reachable.